6th Form Open Evening 2021
The Windsor Boys’ School Sixth Form Open Evening – Thursday 11th November 2021
Given the rising number of Covid 19 cases in Windsor & Maidenhead, we need to keep parents, students and staff as safe as possible. Our format for Open Evening is aimed at reducing the number of people who are in the same space at the same time and limiting the amount of time visitors are in close contact with others.
Our Open Evening introductory talks are contained in the video below. They have been delivered virtually this year, rather than in-person, to avoid large crowds amassing in the hall. Please watch this at your leisure before you come to the open evening. Then, between 5.30pm-6.30pm on Thursday 11th November you are invited to come to school where you will be able to visit subject areas of your choice, speak with subject staff and ask questions.
Here is a link to the Sixth Form Prospectus for entry in September 2022. As a school we are trying to be more eco-friendly and would therefore encourage you, please, to read this digitally before you come to Open Evening. You are welcome to print it out yourself if you wish, or to refer to a digital copy on your phone or tablet whilst you are at Open Evening. We will not be handing our paper prospectuses as a matter of course when you arrive, although we will have a few available, should anyone be unable to access a digital copy.
Please note that you do not need to book to attend Open Evening; please just turn up.
We would very much appreciate it if you can adhere to the following:
- Please arrive at any time which suits you between 5.30pm and 6.30pm, coming through the Main Hall. There we will greet you and provide you with a prospectus, as well as an indication of who is available to talk with you and your child, and where. Staff will be available until 7pm.
- We would politely request that visitors are limited to one parent per child.
- Prefects will be available as guides for anyone new to TWBS. Please let staff know if you need a guide, upon arrival.
- Please wear a mask unless you are exempt.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in all areas and we would encourage you to use it.
Miss Lyon (Head of Sixth Form) and Ms Reznikova (Deputy Headteacher) will be available to answer questions in person throughout the evening in the Hall; they would be delighted to help you with any questions or queries.
We look forward to welcoming you.